Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Writer's Battle

I am, admittedly, not the best writer.  My husband could have been an english major, and has tremendous writing skills.  I use prepositions incorrectly and say "a whole nother". My husband has been writing a book.  He has been writing this book for over a year.  He has maybe shared 2 pages with me, and my understanding is that he has over 50,000 words written.  From the small amount I've read, I think it is loosely based on his life experiences, and I know it is funny.  He claims that he wants me to read it for the first time because it will be fresh, and I'll be able to give him a good critique.  I don't doubt his sincerity, but its been so long, it doen't even drive me crazy anymore, I've just given up on ever seeing it.

The question is...do I let him see the blog? He is blissfully unaware and doesn't participate in any social media beyond his email address. In fact, I've plastered this blog all over the place, and I know he wouldn't find it unless I lead him directly here.  Today I decided to tell him about the blog, but not tell him where it was...and then I broke down and emailed him the address.  (Yes, you guessed it, I'm a model of willpower).

Anyways, when you've been together as long as we have, you sort of just accept things about the other person. I still bug him about the book and showing me the pages, but he knows that I'm fine waiting.  And despite his cool demeanor when I told him I started a blog and wasn't going to tell him where it was, he would go crazy trying to find it on the internet...he may even join facebook?!

Seriously, if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be able to hold up this charade of working, having a baby, and living a normal life.  Thank god for true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment